Our Annual Implementation Plan for 2016 outlines the goals, strategies and actions that will be our improvement focus for 2016. These can be summarised as follows:
Goal: To improve student learning growth for all students
Key Improvement Strategies: Build teacher capacity to use current research and data to inform the teaching of literacy (reading)
- Articulate and improve literacy (reading) practices across the school.
- Implement a Literacy Intervention program from Yrs 1-3
- Improve the collection, analysis and use of student reading data.
Goal: To enhance the wellbeing of all students
Key Improvement Strategies:
- Build staff capacity to develop orderly learning environments (Positive Climate for Learning
- Develop processes and programs that promote positive behaviour and respond to the physical, emotional and academic needs of all students
- Increase teacher understanding of student behaviour and effective responses/interventions
- Investigate school-wide processes and practices that promote a positive climate for learning
Goal: To provide a stimulating and productive learning environment that engages students in all aspects of school life
Key Improvement Strategies: Develop, articulate and implement effective, contemporary curriculum, pedagogy and assessment and reporting.
Actions: Develop a deep knowledge of and implement the Victorian Curriculum across the school
Goal: To focus our resources, expertise and energies on what matters most (as described by the school’s strategic direction, goals and improvement areas)
Key Improvement Strategies: Clearly define what matters most at Kilsyth Primary School and establish practices and processes that ensure resources, expertise and energies are focused in this direction
- Promote a culture of leadership and collaboration
Develop a clearly defined vision and direction for Kilsyth Primary School